Thursday, March 28, 2013

Huangshan Mountain Hiking - Experience Close to Dying

Among the variety of strange sights in Huangshan Mountain , Cloud Sea is both a barrier and a lucky star. I believe, just these gather and scatter clouds passing through peaks continuously, which gives the intelligence and vitality to Yellow Mountain crowded with peaks and gullies.


According to the different directions, the Cloud Sea is generally divided into East Sea, South Sea, North Sea, West Sea and Heaven Sea, among which, the East Sea is located at east of Baie Peak and Xiandu Peak, here is deep and changeable, following the circumfluence of valley wind, the cloud rolls quickly, like terrifying waves, billowy; South Sea gathers at south of Tiandu Peak and Lianhua Peak which are the main peaks, the cloud sea here is wide, countless peaks immersed into the bottle of cloud sea, only the Zhusha Peak and Zishi Peak above the surface of cloud sea like the islands on sea; the West Sea mainly gathers at west of Danxia Peak and Feilai Peak, it is the most beautiful and deepest part in the Cloud Sea spot.

And the most miraculous North Sea is located at north of Danxia Peak and Shizi Peak. Owing to the complex geography here, airflow passing though peaks always comes across barriers, so shaping the rare circulation plexus valley breeze. Meanwhile, the cloud like waves ups and downs, rising, straining, circling and stretching, seems like the silver waves rowing in sky.

In one morning after snow, I left for Shizi Peak to shoot the sunrise in Cloud Sea in about 5:00 am. Shizi Peak is located at North Sea Spot, in the elevation of 1,690 meters, named because seemed like a procumbent male lion, is the best place to enjoy the cloud sea and sunrise.

When I climbed to Qingliang Platform at half of Shizi Peak, I saw large-scale Cloud Sea surging to me. I was so excited at that time, seemed I can hear my heart. You know, although the Cloud Sea always appears to Huangshan Mountain, I always miss it owing to various reasons. Such a chance must not be missed, this time I climbed to Shizi Peak I found a ideal position in front of me about 30 cm, without any thought I jumped down. Who knows, it almost lost my life there. Originally, when I hurried to get out, I forgot to wear the spikes.

Just right the freezing winter, the platform was icy, and I cannot control myself when I jumped to it. Luckily, my left foot was stopped by the stone guardrails before the cliff, or I cannot imagine what would happen to me.

In all my experiences, it was the most dangerous and stimulating one. When I just recovered and well-set the camera, only saw the large-scale Cloud Sea was slowly flowing among the white peaks, and the nearby stalagmite surrounded by the white cloud, like a beautiful girl wrapping white yarn, miraculous but cannot described by words…

No comments:

Post a Comment