Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Enjoy enchanting color on Tianchi - Changbaishan Mountain in China

Tianchi on Changbaishan is the mysterious dreamlike place from ancient time, someone are addicted into her pure and enchanting colors, someone are obsessed the monster in legend and someone come here to explore the history and their roots. Unluckily, it is said only 20% chance to see the Tianchi which is an alpine lake sitting at the crater. Owing to the reasons of climate, environment, season and elements, it always hides itself in the white snow, smog and auspicious clouds. In this September, I started tour to seek my dream to see the Tianchi.


Luckily, I caught up a fine day, the blue sky almost with no cloud. Even like this, the local people told me I only have chance of 70% to see the Tianchi. From the door of spot we took the bus driving in mountain in half an hour, seemed the driver should driver to the foot of mountain even he closes his eyes. The altitude of Changbaishan Mountain is very high, the plants in scenic spots reveal to different characteristic of seasons following the latitude, from the broad-leaved forest at foot of mountain, coniferous forest in half mountain to the moss lichen on the top.
The light shade in virgin always let people obsessed in it, how I wished I could record every moment by camera. The forest is the birthplace for fairy tales, the tales about prince and princess often happen in wooden cabins. Many trees in spot had passed through hundred years, and because of the cold climate, the growing period of trees in one year is less half a year. Although they are very tall but not brawny as I thought before. The thick barks accumulate in forest, it is very comfortable when stepping on.

Most leaves turn to yellow, start their metabolism of lives in cycles. Although it is not red in every leaf, pieces of dazzling color let me pleasantly surprise. I thought it must be very beautiful during the holiday of National Day. But I caught up the season for harvest, and the plenteous fruits take the place of flowers. The bus in spot stopped at the foot of mountain, and the left 1,236 steps only depend on myself. If someone has trouble with walking, the Chinese sedan is good choice. On the way, I came across some inconvenient old men who were stumble to climb these steps by themselves, which was impressive.
Looking around, the road likes a jade belt shuttling in the mountains. It is reasonable to not allow the self-driving cars enter, because less drivers able to safely drive in mountain. There is no tall tree on top, only left the most tenacious lower plants, and the autumn wind paints to the group of mountains. 1,236-step is a neither too big nor too little challenge for most people. Short rested in such pure land and replenished energy maybe is the tidemark of picnic. Changbaishan Tianchi is an active volcano, the climate and soil texture let almost no plant exist in this land, and the black lave, brown soil and green lichen plants consist of the main colors.
All these trudges are for her - Tianchi which is the mysterious water in legend. After the 1,236 steps, a pool of blue water in front of sight is enough to let me amaze about it, suddenly, I realized all effects are worthy. Before this trip, I always doubted the truth about the piece of blue, but it was the feeling when I saw this Tianchi, natural, pure, peaceful and eternal, it is the dream I was seeking.

The water of Tianchi peacefully laid in the hug of volcano, which is the highest volcanic lake. No boat in lake, the deepest place in this lake is 300 meters, so the surface of lake is gem blue when the sun is shining brightly. Ylujiang River, Songhuajiang River and Tumenjiang River all originate from it, so Tianchi is also known as the Source of Three River. All people use the cameras to record the view which let them immersed in, and there is no doubt it is one of the most beautiful memories in life during my tour. Pure and mysterious world, finally I found the Shangri-La appears in my dream.
I climbed on the western slope of Changbaishan Mountain, it is the border of China and North Korea. What made me surprise is the boundary tablet just sits close to the trestle road and the warning sign. In fact, the activity space of China is very narrow and small, and most visitors maybe spent their time at the side of North Korea. Two countries possibly reach the tacit understanding, a piece of rope extends into the territory of North Korea tens of meters, visitors have chance to swing with the scope. But many people have no ability to resist the temptation of beautiful view to keep on moving, of course they are dissuaded by the managers. There is no activity in territory of North Korea, and I also stood on the land of North Korea, it was the first time to go abroad need no visa.

The massif seemed to be split by knife and carved by axe, is almost barren in this season. I tried to find some grass as the foreground for photograph, but nothing. In spring, the crater will be covered by various kinds of flowers, and it is said it is the most beautiful season in Tianchi, and many photography works all show the beautiful Tianchi in spring. But the time in spring is hard to see Tianchi itself, I thought it is may not be to have it all. However, the Tianchi in my eyes had let me satisfy very much.
Got down of the mountain, I realized the Tianchi was the destination for my Changbaishan trip, but the whole process was the most valuable. Besides, please do not take away the lava on land and not tread the plants out of visiting area, only the careful protection lets this dreamlike land shining forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment